Leadership Development: Strategic Planning for Collaborative Service Delivery
This assignment involves the development of a brief strategic plan for building a collaborative service delivery model for the organization you have selected for your project assignments. Your organization’s senior leadership has designated you to be the task organizer to address the service delivery model, with a directive to build a team that will be able to address the issues and concerns. You will have to decide what kinds of organizations would need to become involved in the coalition. You might need to bring in legislators or policymakers, health care facilities, schools, private organizations, or philanthropic organizations that have an interest or funding investment in the identified population.
In your strategic plan, include:
- A description of the human services delivery focus for the strategic plan.
- A description of a method for conducting a market assessment of community needs. How will you develop a plan or use an existing tool to assess the community needs?
- A plan for building capacity for service delivery that involves engaging multiple organizations in the planning process. You will need to identify the organizations that will be included in the planning process, how the forms of governance for the organizations may impact their ability to engage in the planning process, and how they will be invited to participate.
- A timeline for implementing the plan. Draw a graphic timeline and include key points and dates for development and implementation.
- Tools and practices you will use to evaluate the plan for success.
Your plan must also include:
- Cultural competency practices necessary to interact effectively with diverse groups and populations.
- An assessment of the sustainability of the plan, based on governance structures and policy changes that may impact continued implementation.
The following list includes examples of situations that might become an area of focus to consider for this assignment:
- The community has seen an increase in suicide among young people.
- The community has seen an increase in the need for affordable housing programs to assist the needs of an aging population. There has been a noticeable increase in older people who are in need of in-home or facility programs to assist with memory care services.
- The community has seen a lack of affordable local inpatient treatment facilities for mental health and addiction treatment.
- The community has seen a lack of adequate after-school programs for grade school and junior-high aged children.
- The community has seen an increase in drug use among young people.
Use the template provided in the assignment resources to complete the assignment.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Headings, resources, and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- References: Include at least 8 academic references. References must be from academic journals or textbooks.
- Length of paper: 8–10 pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Submit your assignment in the Assignment area as a Word attachment.
Effective Marketing and Persuasion
In all human service organizations and collaborative programs or projects, there is a need for marketing plans and persuasion practices. These practices are a foundation for gaining investment from key stakeholders.
In your initial post, identify a policy, project, or initiative from your experience or from course materials. Discuss how the facilitators or leaders and members of a collaborative team working on that community project or new policy initiative would use methods of marketing and persuasion as discussed in the text. Discuss one tool or method of persuasion that might be used for the policy or initiative you identify and why that tool or method might be effective.