Bridge Rectifier, Bipolar Junction Transistors
1. Determine the peak output voltage for the bridge rectifier in Figure 1 shown. Assuming the practical model, what PIV rating is required for the diodes? The transformer is specified to have a 12 Vrms secondary voltage for the standard 120 V across the primary.
Figure 1. Bridge Full Wave Rectifier
2. In the full-wave center-tapped rectifier circuit, the transformer has a turns ratio of 1:2. The transformer primary winding is connected across an AC source of 230V (rms), 50 Hz. The load resistor is 50Ω. For this circuit, determine the DC output voltage, peak-to-peak ripple in the output voltage, and output ripple frequency. Show all work.
3. In an NPN transistor, the emitter and collector are both N-type materials.
4. The dc beta is defined as the dc collector current divided by the dc emitter current.
5. When the ground side of each voltage source is connected to the emitter of a bipolar junction transistor, it is called a common collector.
6. The middle region of a transistor is the ________.
7. A transistor has a collector current of 12 mA and a base current of 40 µA. What is the current gain of the transistor? Show all work.
8. A transistor has a current gain of 260. If the base current is 90 µA, what is the collector current?