14 Aug Structure Of Health Insurance
Posted at 10:28h in Academics 0 Comments
The present health care system relies on public and private health insurance systems. On the basis of your understanding of the health insurance system, answer the following questions:
- Explain the basic structure of health insurance and analyze its most important part. Describe the main purpose of health insurance in your own words.
- What impact do you think health insurance has on our economy today?
- Explain why managed care was incorporated in the US health care system long ago? Describe and contrast the three types of managed care plans—HMOs, PPOs, and POS?.
- Should the same individuals who pay for your health care (managed care organizations [MCOs]) also make your treatment decisions? Why or why not?
- Is the fee-for-service (FFS) system more beneficial for the consumer than the current MCO system? Why or why not? Explain.