- Record the current price of the stock for each company you selected in Week 3’s Stock Journal.You may use any price during this week (e.g., day one price, the opening, the low, the high, the close, or any price you find when you check it during the day). Using MS Excel spreadsheet or MS Word document, put your Week 3 and Week 8 stock prices side-by-side, to show your comparison.
- Determine the current value of your total investment.Do not make any changes to your investment at this time. Calculate your total based on the number of shares and the new price per share, for each company.
- Provide your opinion / assessment of your investments.Evaluate the results of your current investment. Are you happy with the result and the trend? Are you upset because you’re investment is worth less than $25,000. Feel free to speculate / guess at why you believe the stock increased, decreased, or remained static.
Select one (1) U.S. publicly traded company and review its most recent Annual Report. (You may use one (1) of the three (3) companies you selected for your Stock Journal assignment.)
Use the Income Statement and Balance Sheet to determine the changes in:
- assets, liabilities, and equity
- total revenue and net income
Briefly describe the change from the current and prior years in each of these key areas and determine if the changes would be positive or negative from an investor / stockholder’s view.