Each student in the small group will choose a different question from page 45 of the BMAL 703 text and write a 2,100–2,200-word paper to fully respond. Students must post a thread to the group discussion board area and claim the question they would like to answer. Duplicates are not allowed, and duplicated topics will not be eligible for grading. Students must claim their question in the group discussion board area by posting a thread and putting the question number in the subject line.
The paper must have a minimum of 7 references: 3 of the readings assigned in Module/Week 1, any assigned reading from the Merida text, and 3 other relevant articles from peer-reviewed journals published within the past 4 years. Biblical integration is a required part of the assignment and will use the Merida text as the foundation.
To be considered submitted by the deadline, the paper will need to be uploaded to BOTH SafeAssign and posted in the group discussion board textbox.
Small Group Discussion Board Forum Thread Requirements:
- Use proper, current APA format (Cover page, abstract, and reference page(s) must be included. See note below in ‘To Post’).
- The word count does not include the cover page, abstract, or reference page(s).
- A minimum of 3 levels of headings must be used.
Small Group Discussion Board Forum 1 – Replies (Module/Week 2)
In addition to the thread, students are required to reply to the threads of 2 classmates. Each reply must be 600–700 words and include a minimum of 3 references published in peer-reviewed journals within the last 4 years that either agree with or dispute the conclusions made in the original thread (these references cannot be used in the original thread). Each thread must have only 2 responses, so students must reserve 2 threads to which they will write a response by posting a reply to the thread and putting in the subject line that they have chosen that thread to respond to, thus letting other group members know of their intentions.
To be considered submitted by the deadline, both replies must be uploaded to BOTH SafeAssign and posted in the group discussion board textbox as a response to the appropriate thread. The replies must be uploaded as 1 Word document to SafeAssign.
Small Group Discussion Board Forum Replies Requirements:
- Use proper, current APA format (Cover page, abstract, and reference page(s) must be included. See note below in ‘To Post’)
- Word count does not include the cover page, abstract, or reference page(s)
- A minimum of 2 levels of headings must be used.
To Post (Thread and Replies):
- Reserve the chosen topic for the thread or replies.
- At the top of each thread or reply submitted to SafeAssign, the following statement must be included:
“By submitting this assignment, I certify that it is my own work, based on my personal study and/or research. I have properly acknowledged all material and sources used in preparation. I also certify that this assignment has not been previously submitted in any other class at LU or elsewhere.”
- Submission to SafeAssign must include:
- Cover page (include honesty statement)
- Reference page(s)
Note: Submit replies as 1 Word document.
- Submission to the Small Group Discussion Board Forum:
- Submit the thread or replies directly into the textbox. Do not submit as an attachment.
- Do not include the cover page or honesty statement.
- Include the abstract and references.
Submit the thread to both SafeAssign and the group discussion board textbox by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 1.
Submit the replies to both SafeAssign and the group discussion board textbox by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 2.