26 Jul Research Project Outline
During this course, you will be required to complete a final project. The instructions for this final project is below.
Students will complete a 2,000-word research-based paper in current APA format that focuses on the integration of faith and current practices of coaching. The essay must include a title page and at least 5 peer-reviewed journal articles in addition to the course textbook and the Bible. The essay must provide at least one example of a coaching scenario where the coach successfully navigated a leader through his or her specific leadership challenge and at least 1 example of a coach who did not successfully navigate a leader through a different leadership challenge.
Now that your topic has been approved, Part 2 of the project will require you to complete an outline in preparation for the final paper. This will not be complicated and will help you to get a nice jump on your research and paper format. This 1-2 page outline should use standard outline formatting (see attached). At the end of the outline, you must include a complete reference list (see requirements below), properly formatted according to APA.
In addition to your Introduction and Conclusion, the attachment provides examples of main points required for an outline and paper. (There will be no need to reinvent the wheel.) Of course, look to include important sub-topics for your outline, based on your research.
An outline example and rubric is attached. Please let your professor know (early in the week) if you have any questions.
- The outline and paper should include an introduction and conclusion.
- The outline must be your original work and written solely for this course.
- The sample outlines attached should be referred to for proper formatting and length only.
- Arial or Times New Roman are the only acceptable fonts. 12pt is the only acceptable font size.
- Any information paraphrased or directly quoted from a source – whether a statement or idea – must be followed with a complete and properly formatted in-text citation(according to APA guidelines) directly following the statement/idea. In-text citations will show how and where your sources were used.
- Reference List:
- Follow APA formatting guidelines.
- A minimum of 5 different sources must be used.
- You may also use your course textbook as 1 source; no other textbooks, including e-books, may be used.
- The remaining source(s) can be reputable internet resources: However, no blogs, Wikipedia, About.com, abstracts, online books, or book reviews are acceptable for this assignment.