In this class, you will complete a Research Study Proposal to investigate a social-psychological issue to allow you to put into practice what you have learned throughout this course by designing a hypothetical research study proposal.
The Research Study Proposal will be divided into two assignments: Research Study Proposal Part I and l Research Study Proposal Part II.
The topic of your research study should be on a social-psychological issue. Social Psychology focuses on the impact of social environments on individuals or groups.
Two examples of social psychology focused studies are:
- A study that researches the impact of public awareness ad campaigns on public attitudes toward the severely mentally ill
- A study comparing types of school administrator responses to reports of bullying and victims’ willingness to report instances of bullying to their parents.
The Research Study Proposal Part I must include the four components below. You will use these components as subheadings for four sections in your paper
1. Proposed Topic: Describe the study’s topic and focus (1-page minimum)
2. Hypothesis (can be in the form of a question or stating the Ho and Ha)
3. Participants. Describe participant demographics (race, gender, age, religion, SES, area of the country in which they live, etc.), the process for selecting/recruiting them, and the rationale for selecting them (1/2 page minimum)
4. Sampling Method: Discuss the proposed sampling method and the rationale for selecting it (1-page minimum)
Your paper must also:
- Be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 full pages, size 12 font, Times New Roman, double spaced with 1-inch margins, NOT including the Title and References pages.
- Be in APA format, including a title page and reference page.
- Be proofread and contain few to no grammar errors, misspellings, incorrect APA formatting, or typographical errors.
- Incorporate a minimum of three supportive scholarly citations and references to support content and conclusions.