- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Identify one historical example and one contemporary example of discrimination. Consider the underlying causes and the consequences of discrimination in these cases.
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper in which you do the following for both your historical example and your contemporary example of discrimination:
- Analyze the major cause(s) of discrimination.
- Analyze how discrimination has been manifested.
- Analyze the consequences of the discrimination. How has discrimination benefitted one group over another?
- Apply one or more of the theories of prejudice and discrimination (covered in Chapter 3 of the course text (Marger, 2015)) to analyze each example.
- Analyze any social policies that have emerged in order to address the acts of discrimination.
Support your assertions by making at least twodocumented references to your course readings, following the examples of documentation in “Common Reference List Examples” (refer to the Resources for Week 1). Please use proper APA formatting to cite each of your sources.