The essay is a critical review of a journal article about infrastructure protections. It must be at least five (5) pages of narrative, exclusive of all other supporting material. Include in your review:
- A summary of the article. This should be about two pages.
- A description and explanation of the strengths and weaknesses of the article. This should be about two pages.
- A conclusion, which should include a statement whether you would recommend it to others, or if not, why, and finally your opinion of the article as to its value to the homeland security community.
- Critical Infrastructure Protection – Strategy and Policy in the Post 9/11 Era Module (Module 2): overview, objectives and commentary
- Managing Risk – Assessment and Countermeasures Module (Module 3): overview, objectives and commentary
- Infrastructure Information Collection Division (IICD) https://www.dhs.gov/iicd. Read text and watch video Infrastructure Information Collection Division https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PJXHr9CgM and Protected Critical Infrastructure Information (PCII Program) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucPhM2ecQ0
- DHS Reference Manual to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings FEMA-425/BIPS-06/October 2011 https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/st/st-bips-06.pdf
- Terrorist Attacks Targeting Critical Infrastructure in the United States, 1970-2015 https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/DHS_I%26A_GTD_Targeting%20Critical%20Infrastructure%20in%20the%20US_June2016.pdf