This essay exam is designed to meet the requirements for gate 2 for the school counseling program. You will be prompted to answer the following. Each answer should consist of at least 200 words.
1. In your own words, summarize the mission of the School Counseling program and describe how your personal and professional goals align.
2. Describe how you form effective interpersonal relationships with others in individual and small group settings
3. Describe an occasion in which you have interacted with an individual or a group of individuals from another culture. Identify the cultural differences which were present and how you demonstrated respect for those differences.*
*Cultural differences include, but are not limited to, diversity of “racial, ethnic, and cultural heritage; socioeconomic status; age; gender; sexual orientation; and religious and spiritual beliefs, as well as physical, emotional, and mental abilities” (CACREP, 2016).
4. Why do you aspire to become a school counselor?
5. Based upon the assessment you took in module 1, describe the results of your career assessment.
6. How do the results of your career assessment merge with your desire to become a school counselor?