http://prowritingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/PWT-04.png 0 0 admin http://prowritingtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/PWT-04.png admin2019-07-30 08:09:422019-07-30 08:09:42Discussion Post
The case scenario provided will be used to answer the discussion questions that follow.
Ms. G., a 23-year-old diabetic, is admitted to the hospital with a cellulitis of her left lower leg. She has been applying heating pads to the leg for the last 48 hours, but the leg has become more painful and she has developed chilling.
- Complains of pain and heaviness in her leg.
- States she cannot bear weight on her leg and has been in bed for 3 days.
- Lives alone and has not had anyone to help her with meals.
- Round, yellow-red, 2 cm diameter, 1 cm deep, open wound above medial malleolus with moderate amount of thick yellow drainage
- Left leg red from knee to ankle
- Calf measurement on left 3 in > than right
- Temperature: 38.9 degrees C
- Height: 160 cm; Weight: 83.7 kg
- WBC 18.3 x 10¹² / L; 80% neutrophils, 12% bands
- Wound culture: Staphylococcus aureus
Critical Thinking Questions
- What clinical manifestations are present in Ms. G and what recommendations would you make for continued treatment? Provide rationale for your recommendations.
- Identify the muscle groups likely to be affected by Ms. G’s condition by referring to “ARC: Anatomy Resource Center.”
- What is the significance of the subjective and objective data provided with regard to follow-up diagnostic/laboratory testing, education, and future preventative care? Provide rationale for your answer.
- What factors are present in this situation that could delay wound healing, and what precautions are required to prevent delayed wound healing? Explain.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!