29 Jul Discussion: Parent Guide
Feeding, eating, and elimination disorders can be difficult to detect and treat. Parents need education and information to determine if their infant, child, or adolescent may have these types of disorders. A Parent Guide can be a useful tool to help both the clinician and the parent in understanding the child or adolescent and providing behavioral strategies for helping families work with these disorders. For this Discussion, you will be assigned a feeding, eating, or elimination disorder.
In this Discussion, you work with your group again to develop a Parent Guide for your assigned feeding, eating, or elimination disorder.
- Analyze signs and symptoms of feeding, eating, and elimination disorders
- Analyze pathophysiology of feeding, eating, and elimination disorders
- Analyze diagnosis and treatment methods for feeding, eating, and elimination disorders
- Create professional cover letters, resumes, and portfolios
To Prepare for this Assignment:
- Your Instructor will assign you to a group and a disorder by Day 1 of Week 2.
- Review the resources concerning your assigned disorder.
- Use your group’s Discussion Board to design and develop the Parent Guide before posting to the group wiki. For further guidance, refer to the Accessing Group Discussions instructions below.
Using evidence-based research, design and develop a Parent Guide for your assigned disorder including:
- Signs and symptoms
- How the disorder is diagnosed
- Treatment options
Provide a minimum of three academic references.
By Day 5
One designated group member should post the completed Parent Guide to the Discussion.
By Day 7
Respond to at least two other groups’ wikis by providing at least two contributions for improving or including in their Parent Guide and at least two things that you like about their guide.
Submission and Grading Information
Accessing Group Discussions and Wikis
To access your group’s discussion, click on the Parent Guide Groups link. Once you have clicked on the link, select your assigned team (e.g., Team A, Team B, Team C, etc.) to access your team’s home page. Select Group Discussion Board under the Group Tools menu to work on your participate in your group’s discussion.
To access your group’s wiki, click on the Parent Guide Groups link. Once you have clicked on the link, select your assigned team (e.g., Team A, Team B, Team C, etc.) to access your team’s home page.
Creating a Wiki Page
Create the first wiki topic page by entering the group’s wiki area and selecting Create Wiki Page. Use the group’s assigned disorder as the name of your wiki. Then add your Parent Guide in the Content text box. You can use the editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups. Select Submit when you have completed the wiki page.