07 Aug Discussion 2 Current Research Findings
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapter 2: Purposes and Characteristics of Educational Assessments
- Complete the following tutorial to help you conduct your research: How to [email protected] tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Search for a peer-reviewed journal article in the Ashford University Library about current research findings in classroom assessment that explores the purposes and limitations of assessments for learning. Your article should be no more than five years old. Here are some topics you may want to consider:
- Test Bias
- Bell Curve Controversy
- Standardized Testing
- Test Anxiety
- Grade Inflation
- Academic Cheating
- Portfolio Assessment
- Computer Adaptive Testing
- Grades and Grading
- Testing learners with disabilities
- Performance-Based Assessment
- Subjectivity of Rubrics
Consider how your chosen article exposes potential limitations of assessments for learning.
Write (Post Initial Response by Thursday, Day 3)
Complete the following:
- Include the topic of your article before you write your summary.
- Provide a brief summary (about 250 words) of your peer-reviewed article that includes the major ideas, arguments, and findings.
- Share your own thoughts and comments about the article. What did you find interesting or what surprised you? Use the course readings to support your response.
- Develop one question that you have about your particular topic that would require a bit more research. Place this question at the end of your response.
- Be sure to cite and reference your article using APA formatting. For further assistance, refer to Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.).