Concepts in Community and Public Health – Disaster Management
Grand Canyon University
The RN to BSN program at Grand Canyon University meets the requirements for clinical competencies as defined by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), using nontraditional experiences for practicing nurses. These experiences come in the form of direct and indirect care experiences in which licensed nursing students engage in learning within the context of their hospital organization, specific care discipline, and local communities.
Note: This is an individual assignment. Applying what you have learned thus far, develop a community teaching proposal designed to address the needs of your community.
Select one of the following as the focus for the teaching plan:
- Primary Prevention/Health Promotion
- Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population
- Environmental Issues
Complete the “Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal.” This will help you organize your plan and create an outline for the written assignment.
- After completing the teaching proposal, review the teaching plan with a community health and public health provider in your local community.
- Request feedback (strengths and opportunities for improvement) from the provider.
- Complete the “Community Teaching Experience” form.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.