Case Study Review 1 Instructions-Week 5
Respond to one of the following case scenarios by applying topics and theories learned from the political frame:
A 25-year-old organization with 80 employees, including long serving with seniority and a mix of younger, less experienced staff with limited seniority has had issues with leadership decision-making. For years, management was aware of workplace conflict issue resulting from poor communication that existed between staff, with symptoms including friction between older and younger staff, and inability for staff to change. Management’s response to the workplace conflict had been to keep conflicted parties away from each other, intentionally avoiding the underlying issues of the workplace conflicts. Lack of response led to a slow but steady escalation into negative behavior with reports of bullying. In short, management was avoiding trying to deal with the root cause of the workplace conflict.
James Park has been hired as the new CEO by the board of directors of GoSports Inc., a large national sporting goods retailer, which has been battling economic and internal issues over the previous years. Despite Park’s experience at the helm of large companies in need of profound strategic and structural change, in his new position at GoSports he has been “butting heads” with a powerful collective of executives unhappy with the hire and threatened by the new CEO’s accolades. To complicate matters, rumor has it that the decision to hire Park was far from unanimous, with various factions vying for control in the company, waiting for a chance to fill the power vacuum a quick departure by Park would leave behind. After two weeks with the company, Park is called before the board of directors to report on the progress made and how he plans to return GoSports to its former glory (Adapted from SAGE business, 2018).
- The paper must be written using current APA format and must include a title page, an abstract, and a references list. These are not included in the word count.
- The paper must have a minimum of 800 words and a maximum of 1,200 words. The case paper is short as you will apply your scenario in the following Discussion Board Forum assignment.
- The paper must be submitted as a Word document (.doc) it will be checked in SafeAssign upon submission.
- Do not use bullets or listing anywhere in the paper. Do not copy/paste the scenario into the paper.
- References must be as follows:
- A minimum of 4 different references, in addition to the Merida text and the Bible must be used. A variety of authors and sources is required.
Submit your paper to the appropriate link for grading by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5. Please review the case paper rubric before submission.