07 Aug Case Study Nike’s CSR Challenge
1. Discuss the challenges regarding corporate social responsibility that companies in the apparel industry face in their supply chains around the world.
2. Discuss the meaning and implications of the statement by a Nike representative that “ consumers are not rewarding us for investments in improved social performance in supply chains.”
3. What does it mean to have an industry open- systems approach to social responsibility? What parties are involved? Who are the stakeholders?
4. What is meant by “ leadership beyond borders”?
5. Is it possible to have “ a compatibility of profits with people and planet”? Whose responsibility is it to achieve that state?
6. Research Nike’s CSR actions since this time frame and why it has earned the reputation as one of the world’s foremost organizations in sustainability.
Complete your answers in a Microsoft Word Document and submit your case study to the Assignment 2 assignment area – Minimum 2 pages, Calibri 11 point, double spaced.