The Annotated Bibliography is an opportunity for you to analyze/evaluate leadership and management theories by using biblical strategies and develop new insights by integrating the Bible into the new constructs. You will begin the paper by completing a modified Abstract that contrasts your new biblical leadership constructs with those presented in the leadership literature. You will then write a full-page analysis of each annotated bibliography that combines all of 4 components together according to the provided format for submission at the end of the module. Each bibliographical source must be fully cited from a book or article according to current APA.
These are the activities you must complete: In module 1 /week 1, the student will cite 4 sources on biblical evaluation strategy from books or articles, reserving your cited sources in the discussion by placing the title of the source in the subject line such as, “Reserving:Leading by the Book”. Do not duplicate another students reservation. Also, do not cite the Required Texts Resources or any of the sources on the Recommended Resources list for this assignment. By the end of the module, post 4 Annotated Bibliographies in at least 400 words each, summarizing 4 biblical evaluation strategies, and evaluating 4 leadership or management theories for effectiveness using the 4 biblical evaluation strategies; one strategy for each theory. Do not choose any of the following theories for evaluation: Contingency leadership, Relational leadership, Shared leadership, Autocratic leadership, Servant leadership. At minimum, to biblically evaluate the effectiveness of leadership theories, strengths and weaknesses should be identified and discussed.
Write a paper in at least 1600 words in which you:
Title each annotated bibliography page with the name of the leadership theory being evaluated. After the title, write a 400 word summary with the following component subject headings, which include your new insghts in constructing a biblically integrated-leadership theory:
- Bibliography Citation
- Biblical Evaluation Strategy
- Leadership Theory Evaluation
- New Leadership Insight with Biblical Integration.
Paper Format and Other Requirements: Materials submitted to fulfill requirements in one course may not be submitted in another course. Concerns about the propriety of obtaining outside assistance and acknowledging sources should be addressed to the instructor of the course before the work commences and as necessary as the work proceeds.
- The cover page needs to include this statement: By submittinig this assignment, I attest this submission represents my own work, and not that of another student, scholar, or internet source. I understand I am responsible for knowing and correctly utilizing referencing and bibliographical guidelines.
- The cover page and the reference pages are not included in the required assignment page length/word count, but are required as part of your paper.
- The required abstract page is not included in the required assignment page length/word count, but must be part of your paper.
- The normally APA required introduction section, and conclusion sections are not included in this Annotated Bibliography.
- Sources of information from Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedia are not accepatable.
- Similarity scores must not exceed 20%.
- Avoid clichés, slang, jargon, exagerrations, abbreviations, figurative language, and language that is too informal and too subjective.
- Biblical based topical analysis and biblical integration needs to be specific to the subject with a depth that is greater than a general Christian worldview.
Consult the accompanying rubric for how your instructor will grade this assignment. Also, any form of plagiarism, including cutting and pasting, will result in zero points for the entire assignment. All quoted materials must be properly cited in current APA format.
Post your Annotated Bibliography to the discussion by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 1