This paper will be an application of the leadership practice concepts learned throughout your degree program to a real-world situation. In an eight- to ten-page paper, discuss one significant organizational challenge within your organization or an organization you have researched. How did the leadership of the organization address the challenge? Could it have been done more effectively? How would you recommend future leaders strategically plan to avoid encountering a similar challenge within their own organizations? Provide suggestions for overcoming the challenge based on your own research and concepts presented in your degree program and grounded in leadership theory. Some challenges to consider would be (but are not limited to): an ethical challenge, a challenge occurring because of changes in the economy, a globalization challenge, or a challenge of organizational culture. Please request instructor approval of the challenge you would like to use as your focus before beginning your paper.
The Final Paper should, at minimum, include:
- A description of the organization and its primary stakeholders. Include the vision and mission statement if they are available to the public, and the code of ethics if the company has one (if it is long, an excerpt or description is an acceptable alternative).
- A detailed analysis of one challenge facing the leadership of the organization.
- A strategy for overcoming the challenge based on outside research, the textbook, and concepts discussed during your degree studies.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style, as outlined in your approved style guide.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Name of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least fourscholarly sources to support your analysis and recommendations.
- Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style, as outlined in your approved style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment